[hibernate-dev] Deprecating Environment#verifyProperties

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 17 11:26:41 EDT 2018

Currently this method is used but not doing much at all, as maps
OBSOLETE_PROPERTIES and RENAMED_PROPERTIES are constant and empty.

I'm wondering if this is because it's just a coincidence at this point
in time we have nothing registered in those maps, or if this strategy
is just no longer the preferred choice to handle "out of date
configuration properties".

I'm guessing that going forward we all rather implement such logic
using ad-hoc logic and more specific error messages?

In that case I'd want to deprecate this code and remove those maps. Objections?

Thanks,