[hibernate-dev] Release Announcement: General Availability of JDK 11

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:12:44 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:56 AM Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonnell at oracle.com>
wrote:

> On 27/09/2018 10:40, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> > I'll give it a couple of weeks for our dependencies to settle down on
> > changes, then we'll likely spin new releases out with better
> > instructions and a blog.

FWIW, I already posted a blog there:
http://in.relation.to/2018/09/13/using-hibernate-orm-with-jdk11/ .

The ByteBuddy/ASM issue should be fixed soon so we'll upgrade them for 5.4
and we won't need the magical flag anymore.

We also plan to do something about the JAXB dependencies but it's a bit
more complicated due to the license used for it.

Hopefully, we will get all these issues sorted out soon.

--
Guillaume