[hibernate-dev] SAP HANA build failing for a while - does it reveal a bug?

Bregler, Jonathan jonathan.bregler at sap.com
Thu Jan 3 17:25:01 EST 2019

Hi,

These test failures are caused by the fix for https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13104. There is some discussion in the ticket around how to best fix the test failures.

Vlad has already opened a PR: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/2705

Best,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: hibernate-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org <hibernate-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org> On Behalf Of Guillaume Smet
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:37 PM
To: Hibernate <hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org>
Subject: [hibernate-dev] SAP HANA build failing for a while - does it reveal a bug?

Hi,

Since this build
http://ci.hibernate.org/view/ORM/job/hibernate-orm-master-hana-main/688/ ,
the SAP HANA build is failing consistently.

With a lot of tests failing with:
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Unable to build insert statement
for table [Employee]: SAP HANA requires at least one value in insert
value-list clause.
at org.hibernate.sql.Insert.toStatementString(Insert.java:104)
at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.generateIdentityInsertString(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2826)
at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.doLateInit(AbstractEntityPersister.java:4147)
at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.postInstantiate(AbstractEntityPersister.java:4220)
at
org.hibernate.metamodel.internal.MetamodelImpl.initialize(MetamodelImpl.java:257)
at
org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:294)
at
org.hibernate.boot.internal.SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.build(SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.java:462)
at
org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.build(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:938)

I wonder if we have broken something because I wouldn't expect so many
tests to end with an empty insert?

Could someone more familiar with these tests take a look at it? I don't
think we need SAP HANA to check for the empty INSERT issue.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume