[hibernate-dev] Regarding extended bean managers and the CDI spec

Benjamin Confino BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com
Mon Jul 15 11:17:48 EDT 2019

Hello

Just a quick FYI for hibernate developers and anyone else who might be
implementing extended bean managers.

When I asked the mailing list for advice in implementing extended bean
managers I was advised to call beanManagerInitialized during
AfterBeanDiscovery if at all possible. However AfterBeanDiscovery triggers
a call to BeanManager.createInstance(), and according to the CDI 2.0 spec
section 11.3 an exception is thrown if createInstance is called before
AfterDeploymentValidation. I was able to get it working by invoking
beanManagerInitialized during the AfterDeploymentValidation event. However
I wanted to check with you that you think that's going to work ok incase I
missed anything; and bring this to everyone's attention just encase it is
helpful.

Regards
Benjamin
Unless stated otherwise above: