[hibernate-dev] NoORM IRC meeting minutes

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 09:34:05 EDT 2019

Hi,

As usual, here are the minutes of the NoORM IRC meeting.

15:01 < gsmet> #topic Progress Davide
15:01 < DavideD> On the OGM side, there have been a couple of PRs and
several questions. Always on the MongoDB side. In theory, there is a guy
looking at the support for transaction on MongoDB but I haven't
                 received any news about it yet.
15:01 < DavideD> On the Hibernate Async side, I'm still working on it but
progressing very slowly.
15:02 < DavideD> That's pretty much it
15:02 < gsmet> OK
15:02 < gsmet> #topic Next 2 weeks Davide
15:02 < DavideD> There are going to be some OGM prs to review and I will
continue the work on the async side
15:03 < gsmet> is there anything that should be done to help you make more
progress on the async side?
15:03 < DavideD> That's all
15:04 < DavideD> I don't know, I talked about it with Sanne last week
15:04 < gsmet> OK
15:04 < DavideD> I think the main issue is that I'm working on it on my own
15:04 < gsmet> yeah, that sure doesn't help
15:04 < DavideD> But he is aware of it, so I guess at some point we will
have some reorganization
15:05 < gsmet> OK!
15:05 < gsmet> thanks!
15:05 < gsmet> #topic Progress Fabio
15:05 < fax4ever> Starting from where we stayed last time...
15:05 < fax4ever> We have made it possible to provide a
missing-value-replacement for sorting
15:05 < fax4ever> on a String field using the Lucene backend.
15:06 < fax4ever> Furthermore, it seems that Elasticsearch does not apply
some normalizer
15:06 < fax4ever> defined on a field on the sort missing value provied at
query time.
15:06 < fax4ever> We do it in the Lucene backend and it would be nice
having the same behavior
15:06 < fax4ever> on Elasticsearch too.