[hibernate-dev] HHH-11147 - bytecode based "proxies"

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Mon May 13 16:26:59 EDT 2019

Hi Steve,

We had discussed releasing in 5.4, and possibly 5.3, with the default
for hibernate.bytecode.allow_enhancement_as_proxy=false. I am in favor of
this.

Are you suggesting that the default behavior would effectively be to set
hibernate.bytecode.allow_enhancement_as_proxy=true in 5.5?

Do you think there would be any need to be able to restore the earlier
behavior in 5.5? IOW, would we even need the property in 5.5?

Regards,
Gail