[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM 5.3.12 needs to support JDK13

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 01:43:06 EDT 2019

Hi,

WildFly 18 supports JDK 13, so Hibernate ORM 5.3.12 will also need to
support JDK 13.

We know that ByteBuddy needs to be upgraded to 1.9.11. That will be covered
by HHH-13504 [1]

Andrea mentioned HHH-13415 [2] should be backported as well.

Grepping through the log for jdk, I see these other issues that were
resolved in master, but not 5.3:

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12946
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13022
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13069
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13043
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13128
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13127
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13271
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13275
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13419
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13421
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13409

Did I miss anything?

Could someone please determine which of these need to be backported?

Better yet, could someone please create a pull request for 5.3?

I specifically need to know about any component upgrades that will be
required besides ByteBuddy, so I can clear it with WildFly folks.

I need to get 5.3.12 released in the next couple of days at the latest. I
am aiming for tomorrow, but I'm really not sure what it would entail for
Hibernate ORM 5.3 to support JDK 13.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Gail