[hibernate-dev] HHH-13916 / WFLY-13259

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 15 07:42:15 EDT 2020

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 02:16, Gail Badner <gbadner at redhat.com> wrote:

> FWIW, there's no point in fixing HHH-13916 unless we hear that Infinispan is going to use the fix.

I suppose we can expect that that will eventually happen - I just
don't know when and were to best make a note of such a need? I'd say
if you clearly mark the old method deprecated (or even remove it?) it
will be guaranteed we don't forget about this improvement.

As far as I know, there isn't an Infinispan 2LC codebase for ORM6 yet,
and there will be more differences likely?

Also keep in mind that Galder no longer works on Infinispan, he's now
focused on GraalVM and JDK engineering. I'm glad he's still around and
we might be able to bother him for suggestions and wisdom, but I'm not
sure yet who's going to be responsible to create such a new module.
Radim is on the performance team; as always, would be awesome to have
his help but I don't know of the performance team will be able to own
the module maintenance.

Thanks,
Sanne