[hibernate-dev] Remove or disable the WildFly feature packs of Hibernate ORM?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 16 09:40:45 EDT 2020

Agreed, I'll remove it.  Thanks Steve and Yoann!

I'll remove them from 5.5 soon, you can then merge the removal in 6.0
or do it differently if that's easier.

This is the JIRA:
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13952

Regarding OSGi (which Yoann raised): I agree we shouldn't spend
significant amounts of time on it, but as long as tests still work and
it doesn't get in the way I'll leave them be.
I have a related JIRA for OSGi as well: the tutorial is using very old
(unmaintained?) dependency versions, so it will either need to be
removed (people can always read the older tutorial), or it should be
updated (and tested).
I might give it a shot to update it, but I'm afraid it will need a
full set of Jakarta EE 9 dependencies available as well.
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13951

Yoann, great idea about the platform agnostic testrunner. We should
keep that in mind, hopefully we'll be able to make it happen
eventually.

Thanks,
Sanne