[hibernate-dev] HHH-13959 - OneToOne JoinTable with unique constraints work around?

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Sun Apr 19 23:17:37 EDT 2020

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-13959

I started a DB migration today, now we are dead in the water due to this exception.

When I persist an Entity on the owning side of the OneToOne(optional=true) relationship, and that property is null we are getting:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value

I am looking to where I can patch Hibernate or put a workaround in our code.

Any help?

-Jason