[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM : format of the version logged on boot

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 7 08:54:17 EST 2020

It's minor cosmetics, but I'd like to change the format of the message
we log on boot.

Currently we have:
    INFO  [org.hib.Version] HHH000412: Hibernate Core {5.4.11-SNAPSHOT}

I would like to change it into:
   INFO  [org.hib.Version] HHH000412: Hibernate ORM core version 5.4.11-SNAPSHOT

in particular:
 - to remove the "{}" wrapping around the number
 - add "ORM"
 - lowercase "core" and add "version"

Looks good? It would be more consistent with our own project
naming/branding, and with the format of similar messages being logged
by other popular libraries.

Thanks,