[hibernate-dev] Dropping support for Java 8 in Hibernate ORM (Search) v6 ?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 24 11:34:14 EDT 2020

I also think ORM 6 is not the time to do this.  Especially moving to Java
11.

I think it is worthwhile though to discuss possibly moving to Java 9 to
take advantage of multi-release jars as Christian mentioned.  But Java 9
has its own set of difficulties for adoption with modules.  It is a
tough call.