[hibernate-dev] Jakarta EE: JPA 3.0 is coming

Christian Beikov christian.beikov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:29:26 EDT 2020

Hey,

do you think it is feasible to create a separate artifact that is a
bytecode rewriting of the main artifact, replacing javax.persistence by
jakarta.persistence. This should be no big deal as e.g. the Maven Shade
Plugin does that as well. We would only need to accept additonal
poperties like e.g. jakarta.persistence.jdbc.user in addition to
javax.persistence.jdbc.user.

That way, only minimal changes would be required and we'd have a
separate artifact that can be consumed for Jakarta EE users. Maybe we
could make Hibernate 6 JPA 3 only?

Regards,

Christian