[infinispan-dev] First version of JBoss Marshalling based Marshaller

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 12:52:52 EDT 2009

David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 04/10/2009 06:43 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>> - For Beta1, I'd like David to have a look at what I've done and see
>> if he can review it...
>
> Regarding externalizers - they are potentially slightly faster than
> Externalizable due to the fact that reflection is not needed to
> construct the instance.  But, I'll leave the proof of that to the
> benchmarks. :-)

That was precisely one of the questions I had for you. Which of the two
options would be faster in your opinion. I'll definitely try to test
both options.

> Also,
> org.infinispan.marshall.jboss.ExternalizerClassFactory#EXTERNALIZERS is
> a Map<String, String> so you don't want to use a WeakHashMap.

Indeed. I had copy pasted from the one with Class as key and forgot to
change it.

> Otherwise it looks correct from a JBoss Marshalling perspective.  Moving
> from Object*Stream to ObjectInput/Output where you can is a smart move
> in my opinion.

What's the reason your saying this?

> - DML

Thanks for having a look to this!