[infinispan-dev] 3 XmlConfigurationParser implementations, which one to use?

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 06:10:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

There's a bit of a mess now with regards to XmlConfigurationParser
implementations. There're now 3 of them:

AutomatedXmlConfigurationParserImpl
InfinispanConfiguration
XmlConfigurationParserImpl

Which one should we be using to parse XML configuration files from unit
tests?

The reason I'm asking is because parsing via InfinispanConfiguration
returns different results to parsing via previous
XmlConfigurationParserImpl.

For example: If XmlConfigurationParserImpl found a transport element but
transport class, it gave JGroupsTransport as default, hence a cluster
channel would be created. However, parsing via InfinispanConfiguration,
if no transportClass has been defined, no cluster channel is created.

We need to keep one and deprecate the others making sure we note things
like this, i.e. if no transport class is defined, by default we use
JGroupsTransport (something which IMO makes a lot of sense)

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache