[infinispan-dev] [ISPN-6] (Infinispan cache provider for Hibernate) Remaining TODOs, notes and questions

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 12:27:33 EDT 2009

> Galder Zamarreno wrote:

</snip>

> Sounds like this has diverged quite a bit from the JBC integration then.
> In your initial message you were discussing names:
>
> hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.cfg.entity
> hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.cfg.collection
> hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.cfg.query
> hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.cfg.timestamps
>
> What were those to be used for? With JBC they identify the name of a
> cache configuration, which is used to obtain an appropriately configured
> org.jboss.cache.Cache from the JBC CacheManager. My assumption on this
> thread was the same basic approach would be used with Infinispan. The
> "region name" that Hibernate passes is not meant to be the name of the
> cache configuration. It could be a unique identifier for the cache
> that's created using that configuration, but it's not the name of the
> configuration.

Those names are not yet in use. They're just initial suggestions I had
in mind to map JBC2/3 cache integration to ISPN. Shortly after I
realised that actually, for each entity/collection, a cache was being
created.

> If you follow that approach, you use the above properties to establish
> defaults for each of the 4 data types. You then use the techniques you
> discuss below to override those defaults if people need specialized
> configs for certain entities.

And I suppose that using those 4 properties follows the same kind of
default pattern as previous cache integration layer which is a good thing.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache