[infinispan-dev] test suite status/ TCP+MPING

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Aug 7 07:06:17 EDT 2009

On 7 Aug 2009, at 11:02, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Mircea, what are the following system properties used for?
>
> MYTESTIPS=10.16.93.249 10.16.93.250,
> MYTESTIP_2=10.16.93.250,
> MYTESTIP_1=10.16.93.249,
> MCAST_ADDR=227.43.88.186
> MCAST_PORT=45874
>
> Are these valid IPs in the machine where it's been run?
>
> Maybe that MACT_ADDR and MCAST_PORT is being used by hudson for
> something and messes up things? Doubt this is the problem but
> wondering.
>
> When you see that it fails, do u see any WARN or ERROR messages in
> the logs? I do remember seeing stuff like this when the testsuite
> wouldn't work on ATL cluster:
>
> infinispan.log:201:2009-07-16 04:30:27,051 WARN
> [org.jgroups.protocols.TCP] (pool-3-thread-1) failed to join /
> 224.0.75.75:7500 on eth2: java.net.SocketException: No such device
>
> I know this is the diagnostics address but when tests run fine, I
> never saw this warn message.
>
> On 08/06/2009 11:16 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've looked into the test suite failures on hudson and they are
>> mainly
>> caused by the fact that cluster is not formed.
>> I've switched back from TCP+MPING to TCP+PING and that solved the
>> problem (there are only 3 errors in core module now, still have to
>> look
>> into that).

BTW I believe that there was a problem with using TCP+PING with
JGroups 2.8, and listing all of the initial_hosts.  Possibly something
to do with the logical addresses, that wasn't an issue with JGroups 2.6.

	http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/infinispan-dev/2009-June/000718.html
	http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/infinispan-dev/2009-June/000719.html

Cheers
Manik