[infinispan-dev] XML config validation not happening?

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 10:53:21 EDT 2009

Hi Vladimir,

Is there any xsd validation happening in the XML configuration
processing in Infinispan trunk? The reason I'm asking is by mistake, my
sample 2nd level cache definitions where using "invalidation" and "REPL"
as cache modes, and these are not valid cache modes as per
infinispan-config-4.0.xsd.

However Infinispan, rather than barfing something saying that the
configuration is incorrect, it set the incorrect cache modes to null
hence causing other issues.

Any chance of adding/enabling some validation? Or has this been disabled
until you've done some further work?

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache