[infinispan-dev] Entry grouping feature

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 05:42:53 EST 2009

On 12/03/2009 11:38 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> On 12/01/2009 06:48 PM, Mindaugas Žakšauskas wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am in process of reviewing Infinispan as, among other things, a
>> replacement of OSCache library we currently use. So far, it looks very
>> promising project - well done, guys!
>>
>> Anyway, one of the features we heavily rely on seems to be missing.
>> The feature is called "grouping", allowing to "bind" multiple
>> components and possibly flush them even without knowing of their keys.
>> E.g.:
>>
>> Cache cache = ....;
>> cache.put("key1", "value1", "groupX");
>> cache.put("key2", "value2", "groupX");
>> cache.flushGroup("groupX"); // this would evict both key1 and key2
>> as they belong to groupX
>>
>> For more details, you can have a look at [1].
>>
>> I've looked at the Infinispan's roadmap/JIRA, but couldn't find a
>> single trace of this feature mentioned anywhere.

Note also that I don't think you're the only one wanting to do this.
Brian Stansberry, AS Clustering lead, wants something similar so that an
http session that is stored into Infinispan can be treated as a group
bearing in mind that a session contains a several k,v pairs.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache