[infinispan-dev] Entry grouping feature

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 13:04:14 EST 2009

On 12/03/2009 09:40 AM, Mindaugas Žakšauskas wrote:
> Hi Galder,

<snip/>

>> Brian Stansberry, AS Clustering lead, wants something similar so that an
>> http session that is stored into Infinispan can be treated as a group
>> bearing in mind that a session contains a several k,v pairs.
>
> I think the approach recommended by Sanne or you is sufficient enough
> to achieve such a functionality - one doesn't need to associate
> session data primitives (key-values) against many different sessions.

Yep. For sessions I need the locking and delta-replication functionality
Manik described, but there's no need to associate k,v pairs across sessions.

It's possible the Infinispan replacement for POJO Cache may need
something in this area though. Multiple objects with references to
another object is an example of a sort of dynamic group. POJO Caches
handles this by storing the Fqn of the referent object in the map for
the referring object.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering