[infinispan-dev] Entry grouping feature

Mindaugas Žakšauskas mindas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:11:57 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org> wrote:
>> That's more or less how OSCache grouping feature works. Does it sound
>> like a sensible Infinispan scenario?
>
> Yeah this can be tricky.  Like you said, evicting a group should cascade, and this would
> mean some "special treatment" for such a group entry.  And as you said, many other
> components would need to be aware of this (distribution, eviction, cache stores and
> loaders, marshalled value interceptors) so it is pretty intrusive.

Does it mean such a feature is not realistic at all? Or is it not
realistic as a core feature, but can be done under contrib and
possibly used in some limited scenarios? Do you still think
interceptors are good choice of implementing it?

> I am assuming you have modelled your data as POJOs with references to one another?

Not really - as I said, the whole thing is more complex than pictured
in my previous post. OTOH, this can possibly be refactored if I see
light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards,
Mindaugas