[infinispan-dev] Re: Distributed hashing - heterogenous nodes

Alex Kluge java_kluge at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 00:27:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

  > First of all, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

  No problem, we are all busy. (OK, I confess it was the Fourth of July and I was on vacation :))

  > With regards to keeping replication count as instance variable or method
  > parameter, I need to look at it in more detailed. I'll reply to asap.

   That's actually an easy change, there are a number of options. A slightly difficult issue
  is that I use arrays. It is much easier to locate the additional nodes for replication with
  an array than with other data structures.

  > Apologies for my ignorance if this has mentioned before but I don't
  > remember, do you have committer access to the Infininispan code already?

  Nope – I could always send a copy to the dev mailing list – but I am not sure about
 the appropriateness of dropping about 480 lines of code onto a mailing list. And
 it's anybody's guess how it would be formatted.

                       Thanks,
                                Alex