[infinispan-dev] Infinispan configuration

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Sun Jun 7 10:35:13 EDT 2009

On 5 Jun 2009, at 16:20, Alejandro Montenegro wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Jason T. Greene <jason.greene at redhat.com
> > wrote:
> Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> I would also:
>
> - remove current hand maintained schema
> - create schema by automated tools given metadata in annotations
> - create all human readable documentation from these annotations ;
> my original JIRA [1]
> - read all configuration elements from xml using metadata in
> annotations thus avoiding "by hand" reading we have now
>
> Sounds like JAXB :) Although the issue with that, from the last time
> I suggested it is that it brings in an extra dep on JDK5. JDK5 will
> be end-of-life soon though.
>

> by my understanding is not JAXB, but homemade annotations as the
> ones made in jgroups, that will be able to create all human readable
> documentation..

Well, the bit about parsing XML into the Configuration bean is very
JAXB-like.  This is why I suggested that Vladimir splits this up into
2 separate JIRAs - one to annotate the Configuration bean so that we
can generate meaningful documentation from it - and to actually write
the custom Doclet to do so, and the second to generate the XSD and
parse configuration XML files.  Which may well end up using JAXB,
especially since, as Jason pointed out, JAXB is in Java6.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache