[infinispan-dev] keySet(), values() and entrySet() impl progress and some questions

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Wed Jun 10 08:38:01 EDT 2009

Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Mircea Markus wrote:
>> Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm making good progress with
>>> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-94. I'm currently testing
>>> that with DIST mode, only local contents are returned.
>>>
>>> We had agreed that these operations should not be participating in
>>> transactions and I assume that this is so that locks are not
>>> acquired. From what I understand, to achieve this, CacheDelegate
>>> method implementation would need to pass a
>>> icc.createNonTxInvocationContext(), correct?
>> yes. I've just seen that size() is not doing that (it is using
>> icc.createInvocationContext); as you're in the scope, can you please
>> amend that as well
>
> For Size command, I've also seen that it reimplements visitSizeCommand
> in LockingInterceptor and TxInterceptor. I suppose I need to do the
> same for these commands as well?
Actually both LockingInterceptor and TxInterceptor should ignore
SiezeCommand(i.e. not override it) as this command does not acquire any
locks. I've removed it from both places without any UT failures. Other
lock-free commands/the one you're implementing should do the same.
Thanks for spotting this.