[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.8 and Infinispan

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jun 11 07:06:00 EDT 2009

Guys I am seeing problems here again.

Vladimir, you mentioned the problems you saw earlier had to do with
nodes not being in the initial TCPPING discovery list.

In one of my dist rehash tests, I see this as well, although I don't
think it has to do with the initial discovery list.

The test (will be in SVN soon) is
o.i.distribution.RehashTest#testNoDataLoss()

The test starts 3 caches, populates state.  So far so good.
Adds 3 more caches to the cluster.  Now here, in the process of adding
these, some of the original nodes cannot "see" some new nodes even
though views have been installed, leading to dropped packets.
(the next part of the test kills the 3 original nodes, but the test
never gets this far).

This is the sort of message we see in the logs.  Wonder if the "no
physical address" bit sheds any light.  (Note that the JGroups address
has been replaced with CACHE1..CACHE6 in the logs for readability)

2009-06-11 11:28:59,854 WARN  [org.jgroups.protocols.TCP]
(OOB-6,Infinispan-Cluster,CACHE3) no physical address for CACHE5,
dropping message

Also, just so you know, this works perfectly well with JGroups 2.7.0.GA.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan