[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.8 and Infinispan

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jun 11 07:38:00 EDT 2009

On 11 Jun 2009, at 12:31, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 6/11/09 1:16 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> One more nugget of information.  :-)
>>
>> Tried this with 2.8.0.Beta1/UDP to help pinpoint the issue.
>>
>> True enough, things work fine if I use UDP, in that I don't see the
>> dropped messages and the tests pass.  But it still is slooow when
>> compared to 2.7.0.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Manik
> Manik,
>
> We need to investigate this issue and it will take a few days to get
> to the bottom of it. In the meantime do you want to switch test
> suite to MPING/udp or do you plan to hold beta until this issue is
> fixed?

I will look at getting the test suite to use MPING if I have time,
otherwise it will have to be an open task for Mircea for next week.
I'm still keen on cutting 4.0.0.BETA1 by tomorrow at latest, so I'll
need to think about whether I want this to go with JGroups 2.7 or 2.8.

Cheers
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache