[infinispan-dev] DIST: Replication group formed of nodes in different sites

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 03:35:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

Just a heads up wrt
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240216#4240216

What this guy is asking is very similar to what Amazon Dynamo already
provides where the replication group is always formed of nodes located
in different geographic sites.

If there was an option such that each node in a replication group is
located in a different site, we'd have a solution where all the sites
are active at the same time and we could potentially direct clients to
the nearest site.

This could be something we provide instead or on top of
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ReplicationAcrossDataCentres. This
wiki and solutions discussed here focused on backing up, asynchronously,
to an offline, or standby site, in case the other one suffered a major
catastrophic failure.

Regards,
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache