[infinispan-dev] Maven.assembly.useTransitiveDependencies true or false? WAS Re: More demo

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 11:59:51 EDT 2009

Hmmmmm, this has a domino effect. Because s3 module depends on
infinispan-core, it now pulls all its dependencies, so we need to
exclude them somehow, cos they're dependencies of the core module and
hence they should reside there rather than have them in each and every
module.

Personally, in spite of the repetition, I prefer explicit dependency
definition rather than letting maven bring all transitive dependencies
and then having to go and do exclusions.

More globally, I think this needs to be put the infinispan-dev list.
During assembly, do we either:

- Leave useTransitiveDependencies as it is, which is false, and make
modules like s3 explicitly define the 3rd party dependencies that
jclouds depends on.

- Or set useTransitiveDependencies to true so that they're all brought
in and exclude direct infinispan-core dependecies from getting to the
lib directories of submodules such as s3.

For the moment, and to make my life easier getting the demo working, I'm
using the latter option.

Thoughts?

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache