[infinispan-dev] Eviction overhaul

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 13:03:44 EDT 2009

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have finished my work with the eviction code in Infinispan, here is a
> summary of what has happened.
>
>  From a user perspective (including API and configuration) as well as a
> design overview, please have a look at
>
>     http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13449

Comment about the config, seeing as expiration is tighly linked to
eviction, wouldn't it make more sense for expiration to be a subelement
of eviction? i.e.

<eviction strategy="FIFO" wakeupInterval="1000" maxEntries="2000">
   <expiration lifespan="1000" maxIdle="500" />
</eviction>

I suppose expiration element attributes are not part of eviction element
since they're primarily an optional feature and maxEntries is the main
config option?

>  From an implementation perspective, have a look at the srcs of
> FIFODataContainer and LRUDataContainer.  These two classes are where
> everything happens.  The javadocs should explain the details, but in a
> nutshell you can expect constant time operations for all puts, gets,
> removes, iterations.  :-)
>
> Feedback on the impls would be handy.  :-)
>
> Cheers
> --
> Manik Surtani
> Lead, JBoss Cache