[infinispan-dev] Management interface

Heiko W. Rupp hwr at redhat.com
Wed May 6 08:44:14 EDT 2009

Adrian Cole schrieb:
> This is interesting.  What is important, afterall?  In the case of a
> grid, it is more like a quorum that allows operations to continue
> without data loss.  I'm not sure if individual instances matter as
> complete sets of EC2s could go up or down and there still be no effect
> on cluster as a whole.

This is a good question, that I was thinking about too

> Would it not be the cache instances, or jgroups configuration that are
> the most important managed resource in this case?

Help me with the naming conventions here.

1 Infinispan istance can have n caches, that each has 1 jgroups channel?

In the cloud you have x IS instances with n caches.

So in this case, we could have the cache as top level element
below the "IS subystem". And the number of IS instances as
just a numeric metric.

In a later version of Jopr, we will have the possibility of "related
resources".
In this case we don't need the strict parent-child relation that we have
now.

   Heiko