[infinispan-dev] CacheLoader.prepare/commit/rollback

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu May 14 04:57:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

Currently the interface of these classes use a
javax.transaction.Transaction parameter:

void prepare(List<? extends Modification> modifications, Transaction tx,
boolean isOnePhase) throws CacheLoaderException;

The problem with this is that Transaction will not exist if this is a
remotely originated call (we only propagate the GlobalTransaction on the
remote nodes).
I've took a look at the CacheStore impls, they do not use any specific
javax.transaction.Transaction logic/methods, but rather use the param as
a key in their internal caches.
Do you see any issues with changing the signature of CacheStore to
replace Transaction param with GlobalTransaction?

Cheers,
Mircea