[infinispan-dev] First working version of lock/unlock API

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue May 19 09:56:02 EDT 2009

On 5/19/09 12:00 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Thought a little bit more about this. Does point 8 imply that key
>> should be released on unlock if it was *not* modified and on
>> commit/rollback if it was modified?
>
> Precisely.  :-)

How do we determine if a node was modified during some transaction? I am
asking because the entry I lookup from IC during unlock call (and before
commit) always returns true for CacheEntry#isChanged, even if node was
not accessed during tx.

If I lookup modifications through TxInvocationContext I do get correct
modifications but here we are dealing with WriteCommands who do not have
API to access key. So I have to check if WriteCommand is an instance of
DataCommand....

My point is - there must be a better way to check for modifications that
I cannot find in API :(