[infinispan-dev] Using Coverity scan?

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 10:51:56 EST 2009

Hello,
Did you consider enabling Infinispan to be monitored by coverity's
code analysis services? They are free for OSS projects, I saw a demo
recently and was quite amazed. It's similar to FindBugs, but not only
about static code checks. They checkout your code from trunk and then
run several analysis on it periodically, one of them is about dynamic
thread behavior to predict deadlocks or missing fences instrumenting
the code, and produce nice public reports; AFAIK you don't need to
setup anything yourself, besides getting in touch to ask for it.
It's only available for C and Java code, and they have an impressive
list of OSS projects in the C world (linux kernel, httpd server,
samba, gnome, GCC, PostgreSQL, ...) but not much on Java.
http://scan.coverity.com/

No, I'm not affiliated :-) Just thinking that it might be useful to
have if it's not too hard to setup.
Cheers,
Sanne