[infinispan-dev] The reason(s) why we have so many threads are spawned in the testsuite

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 11:49:24 EDT 2009

On 09-10-09 11:32 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> On 10/09/2009 04:19 AM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
>
>> Galder,
>>
>> Under profiler none of these seem to be a big problem except
>> asyncTransport TPE. All of these threads that you saw in thread dumps
>> are related to rehash requests spawned by LeaveTask. LeaveTask tries to
>> submit request to TPE and is block waiting. All of these threads are. I
>> am still trying to figure out what is going.
>>
> Block waiting where?

ExecutorService#submit(Callable) <---- profiler shows thread is blocked here
RPCManagerImpl#invokeRemotelyInFuture

Sorry for some reason there is no copy-paste feature for a thread stack
in the profiler! I took a snapshot 3/4 into test suite and there more
than 20 threads blocked in the same line code.