[infinispan-dev] http://community.jboss.org/wiki/GridFileSystem

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 11:19:37 EDT 2010

Philippe Van Dyck wrote:
> A cooler way of presenting this would be a fuse based approach, but
>
> I suppose you mean a 'fuse native' approach and not a fuse-webdav one ?

Yes. I looked at jfuse, but it seems unmaintained...

>> I also write a shell, supporting commands like ls, cd, pwd, mkdir, etc,
>> but then again, my main focus is JGroups... :-)
>>

> what about a vfs wrapper http://commons.apache.org/vfs/ ?

I didn't know Apache vfs, do they have something like a bash shell to
access their generic VFS ?

> And what do you mean exactly ? You moved this wonderful feature from
> jgroups to infinispan, to ... to get rid of it ?

Ha ha, yes... :-)  JGroups' scope is protocols and group / cluster
communication, not caches or grid file systems...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team