[infinispan-dev] http://community.jboss.org/wiki/GridFileSystem

Philippe Van Dyck pvdyck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:09:22 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Bela Ban <bban at redhat.com> wrote:

> Philippe Van Dyck wrote:
>> A cooler way of presenting this would be a fuse based approach, but
>>
>> I suppose you mean a 'fuse native' approach and not a fuse-webdav one ?
>
> Yes. I looked at jfuse, but it seems unmaintained...

When I look at http://catacombae.blogspot.com/2009/12/jfuse-02.html it
looks a bit alive (at least the blog answers are recent)

>>> I also write a shell, supporting commands like ls, cd, pwd, mkdir, etc,
>>> but then again, my main focus is JGroups... :-)
>>>

>> what about a vfs wrapper http://commons.apache.org/vfs/ ?
>
> I didn't know Apache vfs, do they have something like a bash shell to
> access their generic VFS ?

as Adrian just stated (gosh, he is fast) VFS offers a large toolbox
(and a shell) and connectors for FTP and WebDav!

It may be a better idea to forget about Fuse and wait for a vfs-jfuse adaptor ?