[infinispan-dev] ISPN-359 and grouping entries for distribution

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Apr 13 05:58:45 EDT 2010

On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:49, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> For this use case, you could add a new method, something like
> cache.scope("51thState").put("name", "Manik");
> cache.scope("51thState").put("location", "London");
> cache.scope("cheeseLand").put("name", "Emmanuel");
> cache.scope("cheeseLand").put("location", "Paris");
>
> which could prefix the key.
> But as it breaks the natural semantic of Infinispan, I'm not sure it's worth the addition.

Well basically it is not something we want to support - not with this API.  (This style of "record management" is what you would use either the AtomicMap API or the upcoming JPA-like API for).

The goal is to make this colocation grouping very clear that it is *not* intended for scoping.  :)

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org