[infinispan-dev] being able to preload data from a JdbcStringBasedCacheStore

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 11:23:07 EDT 2010

Hello,
as Mircea pointed out that the JdbcStringBasedCacheStore should be
used instead of the JdbcBinaryCacheStore when possible,
in particular when I'm under control of all key types - which is the
case for the LuceneDirectory - so I'd like to use it.

Unfortunately I just opened ISPN-579, and this issue also points out
that this Store implementation actually doesn't support preloading, a
natural consequence from the fact that the Key2StringMapper is missing
the inverse transformation from String to Object.

I'd like to define the interface for the inverse transformation too, I
think it would be useful - possibly not making it mandatory, by
allowing to throw a non-supported-operation exception or extending the
interface to a new one having the missing method.

WDYT?