[infinispan-dev] about cache.getCacheManager()

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:50:02 EDT 2010

Hello,
I was quite surprised to see that
cache.getCacheManager() doesn't return the CacheManager but a
CacheContainer, which I then need to cast to an EmbeddedCacheManager.
Shouldn't the signature of the interface be updated to return a CacheManager ?

The methods exposed by a CacheContainer are rather useless, especially
when returned from a cache instance as the only two I could use are
getCache() and getCache(String cacheName); a use case to explain it
better:

((EmbeddedCacheManager)cache.getCacheManager()).getGlobalConfiguration()

Cheers,
Sanne