[infinispan-dev] New draft for distributed execution framework

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Dec 1 06:07:41 EST 2010

On 30 Nov 2010, at 18:46, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 10-11-30 1:38 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>> Right, but this is specific to your example.  How would one specify
>> what sort of characteristics they need from each task?
>
> In terms of task failover, error handling, cancellation etc? Is that
> what you are referring to?

No, in terms of which tasks are executed 'locally' and which tasks are executed 'remotely'.

E.g., there are concievably 3 types of tasks:

1) Tasks that are data intensive, that should be executed on a remote node, close to the actual data
2) Aggregation of results of these data intensive tasks, which should happen on remote nodes as well, before transmitting any results back to the caller
3) Aggregation of several results on the caller.

Now each of these tasks can be chained - I think there definitely is value in that.

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org