[infinispan-dev] Key Mappers and ISPN-809

Tristan Tarrant tristan.tarrant at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:54:11 EST 2010

Dear all,

a user has requested that the Cassandra cache store implement something akin
to the key2stringmapper that the jdbc driver has. Manik has rightly
suggested that we could move the mapper classes from the jdbc cachestore to
a higher level (core ?). While I believe this is 5.0 material, I am planning
to duplicate the system for the Cassandra cachestore for 4.2.x, but I want
to maintain backwards compatibility for users who already have keys. One
thing that the DefaultTwoWayKey2StringMapper does to recognize keys of
different types is that it adds a numeric prefix at the beginning of each
key to determine the type. This is fine for everything else, but I would
like strings to be stored as-is. What do you think if the BOM (Unicode
FEFF), followed by a type identifier, is prefixed at the beginning of each
key when it is not a string ?

Tristan