[infinispan-dev] Make Maven 3.x mandatory?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Dec 7 10:12:14 EST 2010

On 7 Dec 2010, at 13:28, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> +1
> but what does it mean "mandatory", is this just about recommending
> maven3 are you going to add something which doesn't work on maven2 ?

I don't plan on adding anything Maven3-specific, no.  But if we all end up using Maven3, we could only guarantee that our POMs work on Maven3 so it makes sense to add a check for Maven3 in the POM.  Well, we could leave it as it is now and just have a recommendation, as you suggest, and if people start to have issues we can mandate Maven3.

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan