[infinispan-dev] Distributed tasks - specifying task input

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 06:56:14 EST 2010

On 10-12-17 8:42 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> I was just wondering whether such a use case exists or whether we're
> just inventing stuff.  :-)  It would lead to a much more cumbersome
> API since you'd need to provide a map of cache names to keys, etc.

Ok agreed. Unless there is a way to solve this nicely lets go with cache
based DT. I'll think more about this over the weekend.

Also, why would you call DT#map for each key specified? I am thinking it
should be called once when task is migrated to execution node, context
should be filled with entries on that cache node and passed to map. So
call map once per node with all keys already in context.

I'd also try to use our own interfaces here rather than pure Map so we
can evolve them if we need to - DistributedTaskContext or whatever.....