[infinispan-dev] Distributed tasks - specifying task input

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:58:32 EST 2010

About>
 void map(String cacheName, Map.Entry<K, V> e, DistributedTaskContext
<K, V, R> ctx);

To satisfy a Lucene query it should be able to at least read multiple
caches at the same time.

It would still do map/reduce on a single cache, just I need to be able
to invoke getCache() during both
the map and reduce operations - you might think that would defeat the
purpose, but the situation is that one cache is
distributed and the other replicated, so I won't do remote get
operations as we obviously use the keys of the
distributed one.

So the API seems fine - I hope as I don't have a prototype - if there
is some means to have a reference to the
EmdeddableCacheManager.

Wouldn't it be more usefull to have a reference to the Cache object
instead of it's name.

Finally, I might consider it very useful to be able to declare usage
on keys which don't exist yet, hope that's not a problem?
So in case of Lucene I might know that I'm going to write and rewrite
several times a file called "A",
so I send the operation to the node which is going to host A, though
this key A might exist, or be created
by the task during the process.

Sanne