[infinispan-dev] please help test new apache hc 4.0 support in jclouds

Adrian Cole adrian.f.cole at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:01:08 EST 2010

Many of you know that the java and nio http engines and jclouds have
their own respective warts:

  * the nio one is unreliable, as connection breaks under load are not
self-healing.
  * the default java one uses too many connections and memory under load.

Sam Tunnicliffe sent us a patch a while back to add support for apache
hc 4.0 [1].  I've revised this and committed to trunk/1.0-SNAPSHOT.
I've also included this in the enterprise module.  Here's how to use
that module:

http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/wiki/jcloudsAPI

Please help kick the tires on this, as it is an important piece of our
core infrastructure.  If you see any opportunities for improvement, do
shout out.

Thanks,
-Adrian

[1] http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/issues/detail?id=107