[infinispan-dev] introducing an artificial network delay

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jul 6 09:06:48 EDT 2010

I have used this technique in some other tests as well.  Have a look at RehashAfterPartitionMergeTest, for example, on line 39:

	http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/infinispan/trunk/core/src/test/java/org/infinispan/distribution/rehash/RehashAfterPartitionMergeTest.java?view=markup

Perhaps it makes sense to wrap this stuff up in a helper method on TestingUtil so it can be reused easily, perhaps something like:

	public DISCARD addDISCARD(Cache c) { ... }

and

	public DELAY addDELAY(Cache c) { ... } ?

We'd probably want the reverse as well:

	public void removeDISCARD(Cache c) { ... }
	public void removeDELAY(Cache c) { ... }