[infinispan-dev] Bug in queryInterceptor?

Israel Lacerra israeldl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:13:25 EDT 2010

> In terms of the indexing, the same key that you use in the cache is
> pretty much stored as the key. Strictly it's the key + some metadata. So
> as long as you don't do something like: -
>
> int key1 = 5;
> cache.put(key1, value1);
>
> double key1 = 5;
> cache.put(key1, value2);
>
> This way, the interceptor will think that two separate keys are being
> used. Even though they are both the same number, when the String
> representation is built, they will have metadata about the type and
> hence be different String representations.
>
> I guess my point here is that there are cases where we need to treat
> this issue with perhaps a little bit more care. The other gurus here
> will probably have a better idea on this.

But I'm using string keys. Something like this:

String key = "mykey";
IndexableObject a = new IndexableObject("oldobject");
cache.put(key, a);

IndexableObject b = new IndexableObject("test2");
cache.put(key, b);

And when I search for "oldobject", the query returns the object stored on
key "mykey" (because IndexableObject("oldobject") still is on the index).

Israel Lacerra