[infinispan-dev] Attention all CacheLoader/Store authors

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Mar 9 07:38:41 EST 2010

As pointed out by Amin in ISPN-333 [1], we instantiate all cache loader/store impls twice, if configured via XML.  This is so that the configuration parser is able to call CacheLoader.getConfigurationClass() to get a hold of the corresponding CacheLoaderConfig instance to set it up.  This additional instantiation is only incurred when starting a cache so it isn't really on the critical path, but as of Infinispan 4.1 (trunk at the moment) there is another way to provide this information, which will prevent unnecessary instantiation.

I just checked in the @CacheLoaderMetadata [2] annotation which you can use to annotate your cache loader/store implementation, which will prevent it from being instantiated twice since the CacheLoaderConfig type can be provided via this annotation.

Enjoy
Manik

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-333
[2] http://fisheye.jboss.org/changelog/Infinispan/trunk?cs=1578