[infinispan-dev] Native CacheStore implementation?

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:50:39 EDT 2010

actually I consider it a mayor value that there are many stores available.
sure performance is important, but on cloud you might love to use S3
for flexibility reasons (for example it easy to manage).

Also in some companies they just have "policies" which aren't easy to
change, a quite frequent one reads

*"all state shall be stored in Oracle"*

Developers might have many different reasons to oppose these rule, but
no way, if your app is going
to store critical information in the filesystem (or whatever else your
propose which is not the DB) it's not going to be set in production -
no way for that.

Of course, this reflects just my limited experience, a speedy version
would be cool, but it has to be damn fast to be of any interest,
and I'd prefer to have all existing implementations "tuned" as far as
possible (including the Cassandra one, which seems to fit nicely as a
potential native speedy implementation..).

Cheers,
Sanne