[infinispan-dev] Native CacheStore implementation?

Elias Ross genman at noderunner.net
Fri Oct 15 00:43:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM, "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <trustin at gmail.com> wrote:

> JDBM has one of the most permissive license, but the recent
> investigation revealed a significant performance issue:
>
>    https://jira.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-663
>
> Moreover, JDBM hasn't been maintained actively for a long time.

Just a note: JDBM has been effectively forked (or continued?) and is
hosted here:

http://jdbm2.googlecode.com/

The new lead on the project has done a number of performance
improvements. Since I worked on the original JDBM CacheStore, I was
considering doing an update to version 2. Still, there are performance
issues to address in JDBM, e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/jdbm2/issues/detail?id=1 and the JDBM 2 is
still in Beta.

I also came up, before JBossCache was effectively abandoned, a new
cache operation: TreeCache.store(K, Map) which did not return the
existing value. Also, TreeCache.clear(K). These were substitutes for
put and remove in 99% of cases when the return value is not of use.
I'm not sure these would necessarily fit into the Infinispan API, but
they are a lot easier for end users to understand what they do and
they are a lot more efficient.